Sunday, June 12, 2016

Fruity Crisp Oreo: This Summer's Most Honest Cookie

Fruity Crisp Oreo

History: The Fruity Pebble Oreo was released in June 2016, in tandem with the previously reviewed Blueberry Pie Oreo. Cereal flavors aren't unprecedented; a Rice Crispy Oreo was released in 2014, and was actually very decent. Fruity Pebble Oreo seems strange, but - well, heck. Read on.

Cookie: Just more Golden. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Creme: Like many of the more "complex" specialty flavors, these feature a thicker creme than traditional Oreo, which has a chalkier creme. The creme tends to stretch, if you try. Which I did. I'm not sure you would, but for an Oreo reviewer, everything is up for consideration. Anyway, this creme is pretty delicious. A coworker pointed out it tastes like Fruity Pebble Breakfast bars, and he was right.on.the.money. Now, those taste like a bowl full of Fruity Pebbles + Milk, so if that's your only experience, just go on this. Unlike many fake flavors (lookin' at you, Blueberry / Strawberry / Watermelon), this flavor is very on-point and precisely what you would expect. That said, this also suffers from the 'too sweet' problem, wherein your mouth feels like you ate a spoon of sugar rather than a cookie. But that's the price you pay for speciality Oreos, I suppose.

Milk Taste-Test: My lactose intolerance has become so intense that I can't actually have milk with Oreos anymore. I'll make an exception when an exceptional cookie comes along, but this is not the cookie.

Gorgeability: Far, far too sweet. So sweet I could smell them through the ziploc full of cookies that were sitting in my metal filing cabinet at work today. I would never gorge these.

Verdict: 3 / 5. Sure, it's a bit too sweet, but the taste is actually really pretty decent. For a novelty Oreo, it tastes precisely how you would expect it to. And, heck. I like Fruity Pebbles pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. I ate these two months ago and I'm pretty sure I'm still burping them, so I think you should knock these down a star

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate these two months ago and I'm pretty sure I'm still burping them, so I think you should knock these down a star

    ReplyDelete