Friday, February 26, 2016

The Double-Stuf Golden Oreo: Nothing Short of a Masterpiece



History: I included a packaging picture on this review because it's so beautiful to me. That splash of pink; that giant, over-stuffed cookie. Fond memories of college, when I first started this Oreo escapade. The Golden Double-Stuf was an obligation; I had to try them all, so I finally bought a package of these just to try them. WOW! While the regular Golden is an underwhelming trash cookie, adding an extra helping of creme turns the whole damn thing around. According to Wikipedia these were first released in August 2009. I first ate them in 2010, so I hopped on this train early. Sweet!

The Golden Double Stuf Oreo

The Cookie: There is no difference from this cookie and the regular Golden oreo. However, its generally bland flavor is perfect for the amount of creme added.

The Creme: Full disclosure: I'm not a big fan of regular Double-Stuf Oreos. I think it's too much per cookie with regards to creme intensity and cookie flavor. However, the Golden Double Stuf is a perfect mixture. The golden Oreo cookie has no basic flavor, so you get the full blast of creme without the cookie added to it. It's a work of beauty.

Milk Taste-Test: Dip them in milk. Dip them in ice creme. Dip them in milkshakes. Dip them in coffee. Dip them in anything creamy.

Gorgability: Back in college, I occasionally ate them for breakfast.

Rating: 5/5. One of the few perfect Oreo cookie products.




No comments:

Post a Comment