Thursday, February 18, 2016

Bloreog

I love Oreos.

I love them fresh, right out of the package. Those new re-sealable packages are nice and all, but once air hits the Oreo it's all over. Fresh is where it's at. Fresh is what I want. I love all types of Oreos. I love them plain, deep fried, covered in chocolate. I'll eat them split or whole. Heck, they're the most versatile snack dessert out there. Gooey marshmellow oreo bars, Oreo brownies, the elusive Oreo Curro, Orero Ice Creme Bars, Oreo Blizzards. All of these foods are good on their own; they do what they do. But with Oreos added in...shazam.

It goes without saying that I love dipping them into milk. I'm lactose intolerant, whatever: Oreos are just the best.

For the last ten years I have actively pursued every new flavor released by Nabisco. Watermelon (Summer 2012), Fruit Punch (2013), Gingerbread (2014/2015) Banana Split (2014), Neapolitan Triple-Double (Fall 2011). Strawberry Sundae (2010). Memories. Some good, some bad. Always Oreo.

I've always kept a dossier in my mind about which Oreos are worth eating and which aren't worth eating. After so long, and so many delicious combinations of cardboard cookie and chaulky creme, Ithink it's time to actively write about them.

Bloreog will chronicle each flavor of Oreo I have had the pleasure to try, past, present, and future. Each entry will include a review, availability, history, and maybe even fun recipes.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is destined to be the greatest blog in the history of blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete