Monday, February 4, 2019

Do OR-3Os Dream of Electric Cream?

A Bloreogger is first and foremost an explorer. A thinker. An adventurer. Full commitment to our craft is always assured, dear reader. Yet from time to time readers ask me, "What do you think of Hydrox?" "What do you think of Duplex?" "What, Bloreogger, do you think of Cream Betweens."
I usually laugh and explain that I love all sandwich cookies equally, that some are better than others but any will do in a pinch. However, I do not review any "off-brand" delights.

This morning I was provided with a package of KaleidOs, the Kroger Supermarket version of Oreo. In my excitement I promised a review. A new frontier - but how could I manage this vast new array of treats without going insane again?

Explorer. Thinker. Adventurer. Scientist.

Introducing my new partner in this wonderful lifelong adventure: OR-3O the Oreoid.


I have decided to dedicate this Bloreog entry to the first test-run of OR-3O on the very KaleidOs that spawned his existence. As with any good scientist, I have documented the process.

OR-3O 1.0

1. Set-Up. OR-3O uses Firewire 3.0 for maximum speeds.


2. Cookie Calibration. I input the basic expectations for your average Oreo Cookie, roughly 5.0 ORs.


 3. Feeding. I make sure to provide both a full cookie as well as a split cookie. OR-3O is not yet waterproof, and therefore cannot run a Milk Taste Test.



4. I examine the results of our first test. You don't say, OR-3O.


  1. IMPORT: KALEIDO
  2. PROFILE: [CHOCOLATE COOKIE]
  3. PROFILE: [VANILLA CREME]
  4. BASE VALUE: 5.0
  5. RUN SAMPLE = YES
  6. TESTING
  7. TESTING
  8. TESTING
  9. TESTING
  10. VALUE: {CHOCOLATE} : 4.0 OR
  11. VALUE: {CREME} : 5.0 OR
  12. VALUE: {MILK TT} : ERROR
  13. VALUE:  {GORGEABILITY} : 7
  14. VALUE: {OVERALL SCORE} 4/5 
  15. I LOVE YOU, FATHER.
Conclusions:

Once again I must take time to thank my brother Eric, who helped me construct this new tool for achieving my Bloreogging dreams.

OR-3O is proof that a dream followed is a dream achieved. But dreams alone won't always take you across the finish line. Study often, study hard. Put down those tablets and smartphones. Pick up a book. A galaxy of knowledge is available at your local library!





2 comments: