Monday, March 28, 2016

Chocolate Creme Oreos: Fine.


















History: I cannot find a direct history of the "Chocolate Creme" Oreo, but I never noticed or tried them before 2010. I'm sure they've existed in other forms over the years. 

Cookie: Classic chocolate cookie.

Creme: Packaged chocolate creme cookies rarely sit well with me - there's often something off about the chocolate. EL Fudge cookies, for example, have a very dry chocolate filling. It doesn't sit well on the tongue. Mixed with the very, very 'fake' chocolate flavor....

Not a great mix.

When I first tried Chocolate Creme Oreos in 2010, I found the chocolate filling to be comparable. When I bought a pack this year I was pleasantly surprised to find the creme much improved. It's not great on its own, so forget licking the cookies, but as part of the mixture it makes for a pleasant enough cookie. The chocolate flavor is minimal, but at the least the creme has the same smooth 'feeling' as the traditional Oreo creme. 

Milk Taste Test: Decent, but not a notable improvement over eating them dry.

Gorgabiliy: I didn't tend to find myself tempted to eat more than a serving (2 cookies) at any given time.

Rating: 3/5. The Chocolate Creme Cookie suffers from being a decent but unremarkable member of the Oreo family. Good for something different, but not a must-buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment